Rodriguez convenes with DPWH officials; gets support for P2.1-B infra
Rodriguez met with Secretary Manuel Bonoan, Senior Undersecretary Emil Sadain, Undersecretary Eugenio Pipo, and Assistant Secretary Ador Canlas at the Batasan Pambansa to request for the approval of the following big ticket projects:
1. Php 250 Million (1 package) - Construction of Alternate Bypass Road (Macasandig – Macanhan – Manresa)
2. Php 300 Million (1 package) - Construction of Alternate Bypass Road and Access Road (Kalambaguhan – Vamenta Bridge)
3. Construction of Balulang – Macasandig Bridge II and Access Road (This refers to item 1 which is the new bridge name and project title)
4. Php 600 Million (3 packages) - Construction of Alternate Bypass Road and Access Road (Kauswagan – Consolacion Bridge)
5. Php 980 Million (5 packages) - Construction of Gusa Flyover along BCIR
The above five projects are already included in the DPWH-10 proposed 2024 budget, as approved and endorsed by the Regional Development Council (RDC-10) of the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA-10) last month to the Department of Budget and Management (DBM).
Bonoan pledged to include the construction of the Alternate Bypass Road from Macasandig-Macanhan-Manresa and Kalambaguhan-Vamenta Bridge in the agency’s 2024 fiscal budget.
Meanwhile, the remaining infrastructure projects such as the Balulang-Macasandig Bridge II, Kauswagan-Consolacion Bride Alternate Bypass Road, and Gusa Flyover will be applied for funding by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).